With over 250 congregations for religious women, it can be hard to discover which one is right for you. Often we can search and search to try to discover the ‘right one’ and yet ultimately any vocation is in response to a call from God. As such, whilst it’s important to research about the spirituality of different congregations, it’s important to spend time in prayer and ask God to reveal to you where He desires to lead your heart. One common sign that you might be in the right place is a sense of inner peace that comes from within.
Some special features of the Canossian charism include:
- A lifestyle that is both contemplative (grounded in prayer) and apostolic (with an element on mission);
- Sisters live in community and support one another in their vocation;
- Sisters are involved in a variety of ministries, guided by the desire to make Jesus known and loved with particular attention to the poor;
- We are a missionary congregation, serving in more than 30 countries around the world;
- We strive to live the Greatest Love of Jesus Crucified to those we serve;
- We have a particular love for Mary, who is considered the real Foundress of our congregation.